1. Lighting Up

My first piece of furniture was a round light blue side table. I saw it at a flea market, fell in love with it, and placed it in my new apartment. Finally, my blue-and-green striped rug had a partner.

With the help of my friend Ashley, my little nook became a home to me. It was my first apartment (well, not mine mine since I'm a tenant), and I was determined to brand it with my personality. Good thing I don't like pricey stuff otherwise my apartment would still be bare. That would be good if I were going for a minimalist look now though.

The apartment is a little cramped now with my this-and-that's. I love it. I love the white plump couch (love seat?) that I crash into after a day at work. I love the shabby-kinda-chic white shelf that holds my many books and my little TV that doesn't quite work. I love the tiny kitchen and the retro blue ref that reminds me of a Cadillac. I love the fairy lights that illuminate my cozy nook. It's my little starlit cove, my daily, nightly dose of cozy. I've got a bunch of lights placed in a fishbowl right on top of that round light blue side table.

That's how life has been for me anyway. A little bit vanilla with a dash of fairy lights. Or maybe I want to look at life that way. That's not too bad now, is it?

No Comment so far

Post a Comment