The elevator has been busted since forever. I'm glad I live on the fifth floor. My calves are just about ready to scream by the time I reach my door. Just a few more weeks and my legs would look killer in red stilettos. As if I'd wear those.

Apparently the building is one big happy family. I kinda knew that when I was being interviewed (which I REALLY prepared for) but Scrabble nights took it to a whole different level. There's a competition once a week and those who want to attend that evening's round of games have to bring food. I baked cupcakes for my first Scrabble night and they were a hit. They were banana cupcakes. Same banana bread recipe but a cuter execution.

The game room is at the basement which is HELL HOT. The warmth was welcoming at first but after half an hour, the sweaters were coming off. Life's a beach at this basement! I won round of Scrabble, but my team didn't. Losers have to clean up the game room. And so we cleaned up. It was a good way to get to know my neighbors.

Oh, not everybody in the building is nice. There are some creepy fellows but we will not put energy into writing about them. Besides, maybe they're creepy because we don't know them well enough. Right? Okay, stopping judgments now.

I'm looking forward to Scrabble night next week. But I'm not looking forward to going up and down six flights of stairs with a basket of cupcakes on one arm and a thermos of hot chocolate on the other. It's not worth the triple word score.

No Comment so far

Post a Comment