9. Turning Circles



Turning Circles
(Sally Dworsky)

Love is so moving as it turns around you
Your heart never figures out how love found you

Love's aftermath stage
'one of the lonely'
You're only a number
Left counting the days.

Turning circles, Turning circles
Never knowing what keeps you apart

Turning circles, Turning circles
Turning circles around your heart

She turns circles, Turning circles
Loves after tonight into hearts

Turning circles, Turning circles
She turns circles around your heart

Jason told me to break the "Don't date anyone from your building rule." Ashley and her girlfriend said he liked me since he joked around a lot with me. I really like him too. You can just sense things like that. So I was planning to ask him out, since we've never hung out beyond the apartment's premises, just to grab coffee or walk around the neighborhood.

I do like Josh. And I know he likes me.

But I guess I assumed too much. On my way home a few days ago, I saw a couple kissing at the apartment's front steps. Before I could think "Get a room!," I saw it was Josh. And a girl. My heart fell.

And well, oh well. I was crushed. Is that why they call them crushes?

I bowed my head before we could make eye contact. He did call out to me, and I just waved my hand, but without looking at him.

My apartment was filled with the aroma of apple pie hours later. Comfort food. All this time I thought there was something, no matter how soon it was too tell. I guess the joke was on me.

No Comment so far

Post a Comment