14. Popping a popcorn question

Harry: "You talk a lot." (munching on popcorn)
Me: "Only with friends." (dunking my hand into the popcorn bowl)
Harry: "What does that make me?" (moving the popcorn away from me)
Me: "What?" (reaching for the popcorn)
Harry: "I was under the impression we were more than friends." (moving the popcorn farther away)
Me: "..."
Harry: "..."
Me: "..."
Harry: "And now you're quiet." (setting the popcorn bowl on the coffee table)
Me: "I... I need popcorn?" (reaching for the popcorn bowl)
Harry: "I have a question."(moving the bowl away again)
Me: "If it's are-you-getting-annoyed-with-this-popcorn-tug-of-war, the answer is yes." (folding my arms)
Harry: "Will you be my popcorn mate?"
Me: "You won't even give me pop... wait, what are you talking about?"
Harry: "Will you go out with me?"
Me: "We already are going out."
Harry: "Like officially."
Me: "..."
Harry: "Like exclusively."
Me: "Why? Are you seeing anyone else?"
Harry: "No, are you?"
Me: "No, are you?"
Harry: "I just said I wasn't."
Me: "Oh right."
Harry: "..."
Me: "..."
Harry: "Will you be my girlfriend?"
Me: "..."
Harry: "Unless you don't want to..."
Me: "Popcorn mate?"
Harry: "You know we're both picky about who we sharing our popcorn with."
Me: "I'd love to be your popcorn mate."
Harry: "Thank god, I thought you'd say no."
Me: "I might change my mind if you don't pass me that bowl of popcorn right now."
Harry: "Your wish is my command."

/insert buttery popcorn kisses here

So okay the whole conversation didn't go exactly like that. Some of the dialogue was mostly quiet, unsaid, unwritten.




Eyes and hands say a lot of things, don't they? So do buttery popcorn kisses.

P.S. Popcorn isn't a metaphor for anything. We just really love it more than any other human beings. And oh god, I'm saying "we" now. It feels... nice. A buttery kind of nice.

:)

No Comment so far

Post a Comment