What do you do when you're homesick? There's one lady in this building who cries a lot when she's missing her homeland. She's usually at the stairwell, sniffing into a Kleenex. I've passed by her several times (as the elevator continues to be busted) and don't know what to do when I near her. I've patted her on the shoulder once, and she acknowledged it with a nod. Another time I backtracked and waited at the very boring lobby for ten minutes, hoping she'd be gone by then. She was still crying her heart out. I asked if I could get her anything and she just shook her head.

I got hit by a tidal wave of homesickness last night. The tears almost came. I was so sure I'd run to the stairwell once the waterworks arrived. I've been homesick before, and all it took was a call back home. I can't call home now though. Not yet anyway. I decided to make bread. Kneading dough is very good stress release. Poor pounded dough. I transferred most of my sadness into it. I'm now scared to offer the bread to anyone in case it makes them cry.

Home is here in my vanilla nook. I know it is. Sometimes my heart isn't all that convinced though.

No Comment so far

Post a Comment